Sunday, October 16, 2005

the demon which lives within my ipod

I have a dillema. For the last few weeks, my ipod has been blatantly disobeying my every command, request, plea, and even flat out humble appeal. Primarily, I've been trying again and again to put three death cab for cutie songs which I bought on real player back onto my ipod, not even ONTO my ipod, but back on. I mean, they worked perfectly before!

There was also another song which wasn't working, same format, same program, everything I can conceive about it is the same, but then, as I had my ipod on shuffle it just popped up and started working! "Hm," I thought, "Maybe my DCFC songs are working too!" nope. sure, they show up on the ipod, but as soon as you try to play them, it comes up on the screen, pauses for about two seconds, probably for dramatic irony, and then moves on, while laughing hysterically in it's little computerized head, to the next, and lesser, song. and added to all this, somebody went and changed my computer account so that I'm no longer an administrator, meaning, basically, I can't do anything about any of this.

Well, I tried every conceivable technical way of fixing the problem, and failing in all of them, I determined that my iPod has a grudge against me. Why? because I betrayed her. I lured the poor thing into a false sense of security, bringing her everywhere with me, only listening to her. Then, just when she thought she was the most important digital music player in my life, I went behind her gleaming silver back, and bought a new, slimmer, smaller, younger iPod. Now some iPods would take this in step and try to be the best they could be in order to keep their position, I just had to get one that feels nothing like this, but instead vows utmost revenge.

This cannot be the only explanation of my problems however, because there are other factors which cannot be attributed to my ipod's jealousy. Not only will my songs not go onto my ipod, but they happen to be some of my favorite songs, and apparently my friends favorite songs as well, but only since they stopped working. Every time somebody else is using my ipod with me, or by themselves, this is about what goes on:
Austin (while doing geology homework)- Hey, do you have soul meets body on there?
me- ...no.
Zac (while listening to my ipod himself)- Dang it! why won't it work?
me- lemme guess, you tried to play soul meets body.
Zac- yeah, how did you know?
me- (silence)
rachel (while going to get pizza in my car)- hey, do you have soul meets body on there?
me- I DON'T HAVE SOUL MEETS BODY, DANG IT!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! THERE'S 500 OTHER SONGS ON THERE AND ALL YOU PEOPLE CAN ASK ABOUT IS THAT ONE?!?!? WHY?!? WHY WHY WHY?!??!?

anyway, that last one is kinda dramatized, the response was really more of a "look, I spent at least an hour yesterday trying to put that one song on my ipod, and the only success I had is that is says the title and then laughs at me while it switches to a different and lesser song."

So my reason for the last plague? there's only one explanation, divine intervention. I am being punished for my unfaithfulness to the ipod that I had. It was loyal and true to me, and for no reason other than physical imperfection, I betrayed it and bought a new one. how could I be so unfeeling?
Stupid iPod.

3 comments:

Rachy Rach said...

riiiiiiiiight.... because you know how much Austin, Zac and I just LOVE that song.....

Jarom said...

look, you all asked about that song, that's all I know. now get to work on your math! gosh.

koreankow said...

BLEH